I know I post alot of healthy posts, but I love baking, and eating healthy! My goal when baking things that are healthy are to make them taste almost the same as the non healthy things that we so easily consume. These cupcakes are from “Trim Healthy Mama.” If You have seen my last post then you will see that this recipe was from THM( Trim Healthy Mama) as well.
These cupcakes use ingredients from THM’s website but if you don’t have them then you can easily replace them! So in this recipe it calls for Baking Blend. What is Baking Blend? Baking blend is a mix of oat fiber, cocount flour, flax meal, collegen, and gluccie. If you don’t have Baking Blend then you can easily make it yourself. Another thing, there is gentle sweet in this recipe but you are welcome to Xylitol. This may seem weird to you, but there is pumpkin puree in this recipe. Don’t worry you don’t even taste it!
My entire family loves these cupcakes. I just love that these are sugar free, and they taste just like regular mostess cupcakes! They do take a little bit of work to make, but it is deffently worth it. If you know about THM and do the plan then you will probaly know that these cupcakes are in S meal. If you have not heard about THM until now then you are probaly wondering,” What on earth is an S meal? In S meal is when there are more fats then carbs. What the heck does that mean? I will have a link about THM below if you would like to check it out.
Trimtastic Mostess Cupcakes
Yeilds: 12 Prep Time: 1 hour Cook Time : 15-20 Min
Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
1 Cup of Canned Pure Pumpkin Puree
4 Large Eggs
1/2 Stick of butter
3/4 Cup Baking Blend
3/4 Cup of Gentle Sweet
1/8 Teaspoon of Pure Stevia Extract Powder
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon of Baking pwder
2 Pinches of Salt
1/4 Cup of Unsweetned Cocoa Powder
For The Whipped Cream Filling
1 1/4 Teaspoons Gelatin
1 Tablespoon Cool WaterPlus 2 Tablespoons just off the Boil Water
3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Tablespoon of Gentle Sweet (or Xylitol)
For The Ganache Topping
1/4 Cup THM Chocolate chips (or another sugar free Chocolate Chip)
1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
2 Pinches of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cups in a muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray them with coconut oil cooking spray. Put a glass bowl and metel beater of an electric mixer in your freezer to chil.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, baking blend, gentle sweet, stevia, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the tins and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped cream filling. Put the gelatin in a little cup, cover with the cool water, stir to dissolve, then add the boiled water. Transfer to the fridge so it can cool down. Put the cream and sweetener in the chilled bowl and whip until gentle peeks form. Once the gellatin mix has cooled to room tempeture, pour it into the whipped cream while beeting. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Make the ganache. Melt the chocolate chips in a small heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, slowly whisk in the heavy cream and salt until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, use an apple corer and push it down into the middle of each cupcakes, or you can use a knife and cut a hole in the the middle of the cupcakes. Fill the hole with the whipped cream mixture up to the top, then ice over with the ganache. You can decorate the top of the cupcakes with leftover whipped cream by putting some in a zippy bagie, cutting the corner, and squirting it on. Enjoy!
Adapted from Trim Healthy mama
Here are so links mentioned today.
Trim Healthy Mama https://trimhealthymama.com/