Poppy Seed Muffins are the best muffins ever! They are so good. I am in a lemon phase right now, so I feel like everything I post is something involving lemon. But really who does not like lemon?
This recipe is so, very, easy to make. I love how everything in this recipe are ingredients that are just right in your pantry. And the poppy seeds you can buy really anywhere. The glaze has only two ingredients. WARNING: the glaze does not taste good by itself. But once you drizzle it on your muffins it will taste amazing!
A few helpful tips: Please make sure your butter is at room tempture. We don’t want the butter to warm or to cold. Tip 2. Make sure you bake for 5 five minutes at 450. And then 10-15 minutes at 350. Thats really all I can think of for tips.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5.5 tablespoons unsalted butter-room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with paper liners and set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds, set aside.
- Beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute), then add sugar and cream together. Add eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and greek yogurt, mix just to combine. Add lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Finally, add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling them about 3/4 full with muffin batter. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the muffins. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days or freeze up to two months. Enjoy!
This Recipe was adapted from Oh My Goodness Chocolate Desserts
If you have any questions then please let me know in the comments below.