I can’t tell you how many times I have tried making a good tasting, healthy chocolate chip cookies. I needed them to be firm, thin, and still taste like a regular cookie.
My family is a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies, when I baked a lot of unhealthy things, still do sometimes. I would make these for family day, and we would go through dozens at a time. It was crazy!
But then my family started wanting to eat healthier. And I still wanted to bake. I’m sure you have heard me countless of times talking about Trim Healthy Mama. So that’s what we have been doing, of and on. I have been trying to make healthy cookies, but they always turn out too soft, or too thick. I looked at all the THM recipes we have online, and its not much.
So I got out my recipe of my favorite chocolate chip cookies, and started experimenting! And these cookies are what turned out!
When making these cookies I used Gentle sweet, and Super Sweet. Which you could replace with Xylitol, or Swerve, or any other natural sweetner.
The dough should be quite sticky, and moist. But still cookie dough like consistency.
When you take the cookies out of the oven, its going to seam like they are not done. It will be very soggy, and melty.
Let sit on the pan for a few minutes to harden up a bit. Then take of, and put on parchment paper, or on a wire rack to finish cooling completely. It will start to harden up, after about ten, twenty minutes it will be completely ready! I know its hard to wait, but trust me!
These cookies taste better the day after it cooked to me!
The Best Tasting, And Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Yields: 40 cookies Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time:10-11 Minutes
2 1/2 Cups of Almond Flour
1 Heaping Tsp. Of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Salt
2 Cups of Natural Sweetner
1 1/2 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract
1 stick of Melted Butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Line a Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper, or a silicone mat.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a Medium Sized Bowl.
- In a Large Stand Mixer, or Large with with a hand Mixer, mix the sweetener, and butter together well.
- Incorporate the vanilla, and eggs in the bowl, mix well.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the bowl, mix until no dry ingredients are shown.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1 1/2 sized cookie scoop, and drop unto the sheets.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until slightly crisp, but not burnt, you can’t really tell, but just trust the time. It will look like it is not not. But it is.
- Once out of the oven, let sit on pan for a few mintues till it starts to firm a little.
- Transfer to parchment paper, or a wire rack. Let cool for 10-20 minutes. continue to make the batches till batter is gone.
- Then Enjoy!
If you have any questions, or comments please let me know!